Welcome to the most influencial part of your life: your teenage years. Here at AcnePop, we say this almost ironically: for me, I had terrible acne during my teenage years and tried everything under the sun to treat it. While my treatment for me was effective, what may work for you could be very different.
In teens, there are many reasons for acne to occur, and consistently break out:
- Hormones. Hormones run rampant during your teen years, and are a huge cause for acne.
- Oils. Stop touching your face! Oils from your hands can cause acne.
- Overuse of scrubs. If you clean your face too harshly, you’ll produce more oil and be right back where you started.
- And more.
How to Prevent Teen Acne
There are a variety of ways to prevent acne; however, keep in mind that these ways work differently for each person and shouldn’t substitute a visit to a dermatologist .
- Wear looser clothing. Tight clothing can cause dead skin cells to reenter pores and cause acne
- Wear less makeup. Makeup and cosmetics can cause acne by clogging pores.
- Wash every day with a light cleanser and warm water; be careful, don’t overdo it.
- Stop Picking At Pimples. Again, just stop. This is a huge culprit to spread acne and should be prevented.
These are only a few tips to prevent teenage acne, but as stated earlier, these tips should not substitute a visit to a dermatologist. Teenage acne comes from all shapes and forms, from hormones to puberty to makeup to stress to diet to clothing and more! The best advice we can give is simply to keep your acne problem spots clean with a light cleanser and work out your best treatment with your doctor.
Take your time with acne: this affects everyone.
Don’t be embarrased. Do something.
Take a stand against acne, with AcnePop.